1. Join the PTA Your membership dues help us out a great deal. A portion of your dues support leadership training and a legal voice at the local, regional. and state and even national levels. The other part stays here at Washington-Hoyt primarily to support our teacher grant program. Join now and sign up for the Cougar News e-Bulletin.
2. Come to the Meetings! PTA meetings are held monthly in the Washington school library. We provide childcare for school-age children. Come and just listen to what the PTA is working on or if you have something you’d like to discuss. Everyone is welcome! The Calendar has all of the meeting dates.
3. Buy Cougar Cards (aka Scrip) Cougar Cards are a pretty painless way to support PTA-- you can buy gift certificates for your groceries, renting movies, home improvement projects, clothes shopping, or an evening out. You pay nothing additional -- it’s just a matter of thinking ahead! Scrip forms come home in the Friday Folder twice a month. Try it out!
4. Attend school functions: It takes a lot of work to put together events for over 400 kids and their parents. If you can’t volunteer your time to plan or help out, please show your school support by coming! Please take a moment to learn more about our school Activities.
5. Read the website and sign up for the Cougar News e-Bulletin! Yes, by reading these, you’re supporting the PTA! To be informed is to be involved-and there may be something you would just love to be a part of!
6. Thank a PTA volunteer: Those folks who are always at school or know your child’s name - - chances are they’re PTA volunteers. When someone sells cookies at a bake sale, packages your wrapped paper order, emails you weekly school updates, serves you pizza or a burger, or takes your money at the school book fair -- show them you appreciate their efforts to make this a better school for our kids! We don’t want volunteering at our school to be a thankless job!