COUGAR CHESSCalling all kids that want to play chess!
Chess Club meets in the cafeteria from 3:45-4:30
on Wednesdays for paired play and instruction starting September 19, 2012 through April 17, 2013.
We plan to meet nearly every Wednesday there is school and to organize team participation in at least two local chess tournaments. We need adult volunteers to help
(you do not have to know chess!). Chess Club is limited to about 40 students. Complete the permission slip below and bring it to your first Chess Club session. You cannot participate without the signed permission slip.Chess Club Rules:
• Practice at home. Listen to the instructors and participate during Chess Club.
• Respect others. Practice good chess etiquette.
• Sit quietly on the steps in the cafeteria while waiting for Chess Club to begin.
• Behave and follow all school rules during Chess Club.
• Students not following the rules, or otherwise misbehaving, will be asked to leave.
Contact Karen Dinicola at firstname.lastname@example.org
with questions. Permission Slip
- Please bring Permission Slip to first Chess Club Meeting on September 19, 2012. Chess Club instructors and parent volunteers are not responsible for the children.
Chess Club is a volunteer effort, and as such we are not responsible for providing daycare services. We ask each parent to volunteer at least 2-3 times during the year. Parents are responsible for their students, and students are expected to leave immediately following chess club
(promptly at 4:30).